Senator Greg Clausen
Gregory D. “Greg” Clausen (born October 1947) represents Senate District 57, which includes Apple Valley, Rosemount, Coates, and portions of northeast Lakeville. He was first elected to the Minnesota Senate in 2012.
Clausen has spent his life serving others in the Bloomington and Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Public Schools – District 196 — as a classroom teacher, coach, assistant principal, high school principal and district office administrator. His most recent job was securing federal and state program funding for District 196 by writing and administering grants.
Clausen grew up in Bloomington and attended Augsburg College earning a degree in the Social Sciences and Education. He later received an M.A. in Education Curriculum and Instruction and an Ed. Specialist Degree in Education Administration from the University of St. Thomas.
Clausen served on the Dakota County Affordable Housing Coalition, Heading Home Dakota Committee to end homelessness and as the Board of Directors Vice Chair of Dakota Woodlands, a homeless shelter for women and children in Eagan. He is a board member for the Rocky Mountain Region of Thrivent Financial and is a former member of the University of Minnesota College in the Schools Advisory Board.
Clausen and his wife Roberta reside in Apple Valley, Minnesota. They have three children and five grandchildren.
Awards & Recognitions
- Paul Wellstone Mental Health Advocacy Award, 2015
- Outstanding Legislator Award, Minnesota School Board Association, 2014
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Leadership Award on Children’s Mental Health, 2013
- NAMI Legislator of the Year Award, 2014
- Champion for Racial Equality, Voices for Racial Justice 2013-2014
- Friend of Public Education, Association of Metropolitan School Districts, 2014
- Carrot Seed Award, Children’s Defense Fund, 2015
- Allina Health Care Hero Award, 2015
- Distinguished Service Awards from the Lake Conference Association of Schools, Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Public Schools, Minnesota Association of Secondary School Principals and the City of Rosemount.
Thank you to everyone that attended my most recent town hall. You can read the answers to the questions I was asked during the event here.
[flickr_set id=”72157656533982912″ max_num_photos=”10″]