SAINT PAUL, Minn. — The ten DFL women members of the Minnesota Senate came together today in support of women across Minnesota and released the following statement.
“Women in Minnesota and across the country are reaching out to their elected officials demanding support because they feel their reproductive rights are under attack. We’re listening. We strongly believe no one should ever find themselves without resources. Not one Minnesotan should be forced into an unsafe solution because it’s the only option she has – because we know that women didn’t start having abortions after Roe v. Wade, they just quit dying from them.
“There are ten of us pro-choice women here in the Minnesota Senate and we won’t back down. We’re united in this and we appreciate the support of our male colleagues. We won’t stop fighting to protect access to health care, including reproductive health care for women in Minnesota. You can count on us.”
The ten women members of the Senate DFL are:
- Sen. Karla Bigham, Cottage Grove
- Sen. Kari Dziedzic, Minneapolis
- Sen. Chris Eaton, Brooklyn Center
- Sen. Melisa Franzen, Edina
- Assistant Senate DFL Leader Susan Kent, Woodbury
- Assistant Senate DFL Leader Carolyn Laine, Columbia Heights
- Sen. Sandy Pappas, Saint Paul
- Sen. Ann Rest, New Hope
- Sen. Patricia Torres Ray, Minneapolis
- Sen. Melissa Wiklund, Bloomington