Saint Paul, Minn.— Yesterday, the Minnesota Department of Health and the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry ordered Water Gremlin to cease operations immediately.
Senator Jason Isaacson (DFL-Shoreview) issued the following statement:
“Yesterday’s shutdown of the Water Gremlin Plant was a necessary action to ensure the health and safety of our community. Let me be clear: the goal here is to protect the wellbeing of our kids, families, workers, and all those who are at risk of being exposed to the Water Gremlin’s dangerous pollutants. Unfortunately, this shutdown poses hardships on many of the workers and their families of the plant. I am working closely with the Department of Labor and Industry to ensure the resources available adequately protect workers and their families, as well as keep the community as a whole safe from this public health threat.”
If you are a Water Gremlin employee and are concerned about your job, please consider one of the following free services through the Ramsey County Workforce Solutions:
- Attend an information session at Vadnais Sports Center this week.
- Monday, October 28th: 12 – 5pm
- Tuesday, October 29th: 9am – 6pm
- Wednesday, October 30th: 9am – 6pm
- Thursday, October 31st: 1 – 4pm
- Friday, November 1st: 9am – 12pm
- Visit the job counselors that can help with training and skills.
- On-site staff will be available to provide information about unemployment insurance.
With other questions or concerns, please contact Senator Jason Isaacson’s Office by phone at 651-296-5537 or by email at email@example.com.