With daily changes in how we as Minnesotans are responding to the ongoing pandemic, here are some resources to help you stay up to date on the latest COVID-related news. If you need help looking for a resource not included below, please reach out to your state senator and state representative.
Health and Human Services:
- Hotline for Health Questions:
651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903 (7am-7pm daily)
- MNsure enrollment: Governor Walz and MNsure announced a 30-day special enrollment period (SEP) for qualified individuals who are currently without insurance. The SEP opened on March 23 and runs through April 21. It will allow uninsured individuals 30 days to enroll in health insurance coverage through MNsure.org
- The Department of Human Services has a number of updates and resources that can be accessed on their website, available HERE. If you are receiving services or would like to see what is available, go online to learn more about the programs and services administered by DHS.
- MDH coronavirus webpages:
in other non-English languages:
COVID-19 in Amharic (PDF)
COVID-19 in Arabic (PDF)
COVID-19 in Chinese (PDF)
COVID-19 in Hmong (PDF)
COVID-19 in Karen (PDF)
COVID-19 in Russian (PDF)
COVID-19 in Somali (PDF)
COVID-19 in Spanish (PDF)
COVID-19 in Vietnamese (PDF)
- If you need help finding alternative services, the Senior LinkAge Line is 1-800-333-2433. Senior LinkAge Line specialists assist seniors in finding the resources and services they need.
Association of Minnesota-North Dakota
- 24/7 helpline: 800-272-3900
- Online resources, virtual community programs, and caregiver tips are available HERE.
- Leading Age Minnesota has a number of tools & resources for caregivers to utilize, including visitation guidance, information on state and federal funding, and other resources for prevention and monitoring, all of which can be found HERE.
K-12 Education and Childcare:
for School and Childcare questions:
Call 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504 (7am-7pm daily)
- Hotline for Childcare Providers with questions: 1-888-234-1268
- Updates about K-12 education from the Minnesota Department of Education can be found online HERE
- Information on childcare for families and providers can be found online HERE
Meals for kids: MDE announced a new app/website that can be used to locate free meals for kids, in addition to what districts are doing: www.hungerimpactpartners.org.
Housing and Employment:
- Hotline for workers and employers: 651-259-7114 or 800-657-3858, or visit www.mn.gov/deed
- Hotlines for housing
- For single-family residences: 651-296-8215
- For multi-family residences: 651-297-4455
- Available Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Apply for unemployment insurance at this website.
Metro Transit: stay up to date on transit changes due to COVID by visiting their website.
Governor Walz’s Stay-At-Home Executive Order:
- Governor Walz issued a Stay-At-Home order on March 27, lasting until April 10, which can be read HERE.
- Guidance on the Order, including information on critical workers exempted from the Order, can be found HERE.
- The governor’s office has compiled an FAQ page about the Order, which can be accessed online HERE.
There is now a hotline and email for residents to report violations: 651-793-3746 or firstname.lastname@example.org