Minnesotans elected a Senate DFL Majority because they want a state government that will fight for the values we all share and deliver results.
This legislative session, the Senate DFL will advance policies and legislation grounded in these values that will move Minnesota forward.
Building an economy that works for all Minnesotans
- We will fight for a level playing field for working Minnesotans, small businesses, and family farmers.
- We will pass legislation that protects workers and helps grow the middle class.
- We will invest in the unique needs of communities, whether they’re rural, suburban, urban, or tribal.
Paid Family and Medical Leave,
Earned Sick and Safe Time,
Driver’s License for All,
Safe and Skilled Workforce Act,
Meatpackers workplace safety, combating wage theft,
unemployment for school workers,
health care workforce bills,
Capital Investment Bill,
aids to local governments,
post-secondary education and training,
workforce housing development,
federal infrastructure investment matching funds,
comprehensive transportation funding
Protecting Rights, Expanding Freedoms, and Defending Democracy
- We will enshrine fundamental rights for Minnesotans, not strip them away.
- We will fight on behalf of racial, gender, and disability justice.
- We will protect our democracy from those who seek to undermine it.
reproductive health care access,
conversion therapy ban,
recreational cannabis and expungement,
Equal Rights Amendment,
Democracy for the People Act,
juvenile justice reform,
Restore the Vote,
defend and strengthen democracy,
campaign finance reform
Lowering costs and bringing stability to Minnesotans
- We will move quickly to address rising costs and help Minnesotans who are struggling.
- We will focus on making health care more affordable and accessible to all Minnesotans.
- We will pass a balanced state budget that is focused on helping the family budget.
Child care access & affordability,
universal school breakfast & lunch,
targeted tax relief,
Secure Choice Retirement Act,
Social Security tax relief, property tax relief,
prescription drug affordability,
increasing housing affordability,
Homeless Youth Act, menstrual equity,
Caregivers Stabilization Act
Ensuring safe communities, strong schools, and a healthy climate
- The Senate DFL will invest in proven solutions to make Minnesotans feel safe, help our students, and protect our environment.
- No matter where you live or what you look like, you deserve a fair chance at success.
- We will support our students and teachers to expand Minnesota’s tradition of educational excellence to ensure inclusion of all students.
Public Safety (local public safety aid,
community-based public safety grants),
gun violence prevention,
support for Emergency Medical Services and rural ambulance service,
resources for Attorney General prosecutors,
funding for public defenders,
catalytic converter theft prevention,
special education funding stabilization,
school counselors (Student Support Personnel Aid),
teacher recruitment and diversification,
100% clean energy by 2040,
lead hazard reduction,