Hauschild Proud to Deliver Highway 61 and Lake Superior School District Funding
SAINT PAUL, Minn. — Senator Grant Hauschild (DFL—Hermantown) announced that he secured a total of $25,597,080 for Lake County in the FY 24-25 state budget.
“The Trunk Highway 61 construction project is critical to the continued success of our state’s most beautiful treasure, the North Shore,” said Hauschild. “Securing the additional $11 Million in state funds will allow this project to be completed in a timely fashion rather than spreading out construction over several summer seasons. This improved access to our region will be an incredible boost to our local economy.”
In addition to the Highway 61 funding, Senator Hauschild promoted the additional $8 million in funding for the Lake Superior School District construction project to help with rising costs for the school project. “Investments in our kids’ education are of utmost importance. Lake County voted for a school referendum that will deliver critical capital improvements to our kids schools, but due to rising costs, those plans seemed at risk. With this additional funding, we know that the project can continue as planned”
Senator Hauschild said he delivered funding for the following projects in Lake County:
- $11 Million for Trunk Highway 61 improvements through the city of Two Harbors in Lake County
- $1.97 Million LCCMR grant to the City of Silver Bay for construction of the Silver Bay Trailhead
- $400,000 grant to the City of Silver Bay for construction of the Silver Bay Trailhead
- $8 Million for Lake Superior School District through the IRRRB
As the only freshman member of the Taxes Committee, Hauschild worked diligently and in a bipartisan fashion to secure increased levels of County Program Aid (CPA), Local Government Aid (LGA), Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILT), and public safety funding in an effort to reduce property taxes for hardworking Minnesotans.
- Lake County CPA: $816,323 ($191,775 increase)
- City of Silver Bay LGA: $633,385 ($58,960 increase)
- City of Two Harbors LGA: $2,107,721 ($212,798 increase)
- Lake County PILT: $429,275 increase
- Silver Bay Public Safety Aid: $81,482
- Two Harbors Public Safety Aid: $158,894
- Lake County Public Safety Aid: $268,539
Photo courtesy of Senate Media. Description: Senator Grant Hauschild (DFL–Hermantown) smiles for a photo during the Governor’s signing ceremony for his bill extending unemployment insurance benefits for Northshore Miners in early 2023.