The Regent Candidate Advisory Council met last to interview Regent candidates for the four open spots on the U of M Board of Regents and made recommendations for 13 to be considered by the Legislature.
There were 35 applications for the vacancies. Of that, 17 were selected for interviews by the RCAC in December. On Friday, January 6, they recommended the following for potential appointment:
Second Congressional District: (No incumbent; Tom Devine is current Regent, running for Third CD and/or at-large)
- Ian Benson
- Jim Carter-Hastings
- Sandra Krebsbach-Mendota Heights
- (Tom Devine now lives in the Third.)
Third Congressional District:
- Walt Erickson-Wayzata
- Tom Devine-Chanhassen (current Second CD incumbent)
- Darrin Rosha-Independence (incumbent)
- Tammy Lee Stanoch-Minnetonka
Eighth Congressional District:
- David McMillan-Duluth (incumbent)
- Curt Teberg-Cloquet*
- (*Teberg was added to the list last week when McMillan went unopposed.)
At Large: (No incumbent; Laura Brod did not re-apply)
- Tom Devine-Chanhassen (added to the at-large list by motion and vote)
- Ken Powell-Golden Valley
- Kent Molde-Eden Prairie
- John Regal-Oak Park Heights
A joint meeting of the House and Senate Higher Education committees will meet, likely in early February. A joint convention of the House and Senate will vote on final approval.
Further information on the Advisory council can be found here: http://www.rcac.leg.mn/rcac.htm.
Information on the current Board of Regent members can be found here: https://regents.umn.edu/about-board/meet-regents