ST. PAUL, Minn – Senator Matt Little (DFL-Lakeville) got straight to work during his first full week as the state senator representing District 58. Sen. Little introduced three bonding bills this week which all address water-related projects.
“These three bonding projects are all critical to the survival and growth of small town Minnesota. In order to see rural Minnesota thrive, we as legislators need to support projects that address critical infrastructure projects that help towns and cities operate. I’m also proud to say all three of these bills have bipartisan support. Maintaining basic infrastructure should never be a partisan issue,” said Sen. Little.
The bonding project bills are outlined below:
- Dennison sewer project: $726,000 request
- This bonding request would help the city build a new above ground lift station to replace its obsolete and dangerous sewer lift station.
- Byllesby Dam improvements: $6 million request
- Dakota County is asking the state to help fund turbine and powerhouse improvements at the more than century-old dam.
- New Trier storm water project: $300,000 request
- This project has significant economic development implications if approved, the storm water project could make way for a housing development in New Trier.