With daily changes in how we as Minnesotans are responding to the ongoing pandemic, here are some resources to help you stay up to date on the latest COVID-related news. This list will be updated on an ongoing basis, but if you need help looking for a resource not included below, please reach out to your state senator.
Health and Human Services:
- Governor Walz’s new Dashboard tracking COVID-19 in Minnesota can be found HERE
- Hotline for Health Questions:
Interpreters available/Intérpretes en Español
651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903 (7am-7pm daily)
- MNsure enrollment: Governor Walz and MNsure announced a 30-day special enrollment period (SEP) for qualified individuals who are currently without insurance. The SEP opened on March 23 and runs through April 21. It will allow uninsured individuals 30 days to enroll in health insurance coverage through MNsure.org
- The Department of Human Services has a number of updates and resources that can be accessed on their website, available HERE. If you are receiving services or would like to see what is available, go online to learn more about the programs and services administered by DHS.
- MDH coronavirus webpages:
- Information in other non-English languages:
COVID-19 in Amharic (PDF)
COVID-19 in Arabic (PDF)
COVID-19 in Chinese (PDF)
COVID-19 in Hmong (PDF)
COVID-19 in Karen (PDF)
COVID-19 in Russian (PDF)
COVID-19 in Somali (PDF)
COVID-19 in Spanish (PDF)
COVID-19 in Vietnamese (PDF)
- If you need help finding alternative services, the Senior LinkAge Line is 1-800-333-2433. Senior LinkAge Line specialists assist seniors in finding the resources and services they need.
- Alzheimer’s Association of Minnesota-North Dakota
- 24/7 helpline: 800-272-3900
- Online resources, virtual community programs, and caregiver tips are available HERE.
- Leading Age Minnesota has a number of tools & resources for caregivers to utilize, including visitation guidance, information on state and federal funding, and other resources for prevention and monitoring, all of which can be found HERE.
K-12 Education and Childcare:
- Hotline for School and Childcare questions:
Interpreters available/Intérpretes en Español
Call 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504 (7am-7pm daily)
- Hotline for Childcare Providers with questions: 1-888-234-1268
- Updates about K-12 education from the Minnesota Department of Education can be found online HERE
- Information on childcare for families and providers can be found online HERE
Meals for kids: MDE announced a new app/website that can be used to locate free meals for kids, in addition to what districts are doing: www.hungerimpactpartners.org.
Housing and Employment:
- Hotline for workers and employers: 651-259-7114 or 800-657-3858, or visit www.mn.gov/deed
- Hotlines for housing questions:
- For single-family residences: 651-296-8215
- For multi-family residences: 651-297-4455
- Available Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Apply for unemployment insurance at this website.
- Video in Spanish about applying for unemployment insurance.
- Employee protections during Covid-19 in Spanish: Protección para empleados durante el Covid-19
Also Serving Undocumented Minnesotans:
- Minnesota Association of Community Health Centers for free/low-cost/community health care centers
- Minnesota Community Care also offers low-cost care
- Community Health Service offers free/low-cost care catered to agricultural workers (bilingual services available)
- Information on the City of Minneapolis COVID-19 Response Fund (Español, Soomaali, Oromo)
- St. Paul Bridge Fund:
- Main Website
- Bridge Fund for Families
- Bridge Fund for Small Businesses
- Website Principal HERE
- Bridge Fund for Families and Small Businesses Google Doc in Spanish translated by UNIDOS MN
- Free and confidential legal support for Minnesota renters (in multiple languages)
Mutual aid funds:
- Women for Political Change mutual aid
- Scholly student relief fund
- Navigate MN Immigrant Families COVID-19 Fund (application process has not yet begun)
Metro Transit: stay up to date on transit changes due to COVID by visiting their website.
Discrimination Hotline to report discrimination on account of COVID-19 (translation services available):
- Complete and submit THIS ONLINE FORM
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 651-539-1133 or 1-800-657-3704
Governor Walz’s Stay-At-Home Executive Order:
- Governor Walz issued a Stay-At-Home order on March 27, lasting until April 10, which can be read HERE. NOTE: The Order was extended on April 8 and will last until May 4. More information can be found on mn.gov/covid19.
- Guidance on the Order, including information on critical workers exempted from the Order, can be found HERE.
- The governor’s office has compiled an FAQ page about the Order, which can be accessed online HERE.
There is now a hotline and email for residents to report violations: 651-793-3746 or email@example.com